Spring is the season when many homeowners take the time to deep clean their homes. The snowy weather of winter is fading away and warmth is seeping back into Minnesota. Nothing says a fresh new start like blossoming trees, chirping birds, and a sparkling clean home.
This spring cleaning season is different than the ones that came before it. With the coronavirus pandemic a major concern, cleanliness and sanitation has become a high priority for most American households. And since many of us are stuck at home, there has been no better time to get some cleaning done.
Our Minneapolis local movers have compiled a list of the best spring cleaning products that not only cleanse your home but also work to kill the coronavirus. From multipurpose cleaners to EPA-registered disinfectants for coronavirus prevention, here is what you need to make your home clean and safe.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, cleaning refers to the removal of germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces.1 Cleaning does not necessarily kill germs but decreases their numbers and the risk of spreading infection by removing them. Any good spring-cleaning routine begins with all-purpose cleaner.
These products are designed to clean many of the surfaces inside your home. Wipe up messes, polish countertops, clean bathroom tiles, and many other things with only one product. Method is a good “non-toxic” brand, while the Lysol and Clorox all-purpose cleaners are some of the best disinfectant products on the market.
The CDC defines disinfecting as the use of chemicals to kill germs on surfaces.1 While disinfecting does not necessarily clean surfaces, it kills germs, which lowers the risk of spreading infection. The CDC recommends using EPA-registered disinfectant products for coronavirus prevention. Many of these products make our list of the best spring cleaning products.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) published a list of registered disinfectants it recommends using against SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes the COVID-19 respiratory disease.2 On that list are the best disinfectant products you can use against the coronavirus. Here are just some of the products our movers in Minneapolis recommend.
- Clorox Disinfecting Bleach
- Windex Disinfectant Cleaner
- Lysol Clean & Fresh Multi-Surface Cleaner
- Clorox Multi-Surface Cleaner + Bleach
- Fantastik All-Purpose Cleaner
- Lysol Disinfectant Max Cover Mist
- Clorox Disinfecting Spray
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Lysol Disinfecting Wipes
- Arm & Hammer Essentials Disinfecting Wipes
- Purell Professional Surface Disinfectant Wipes
- Scrubbing Bubbles Disinfectant Bathroom Grime Fighter
- Comet Disinfecting Bathroom Cleaner
- Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach
- The Works Basic Disinfectant Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Scrubbing Bubbles® Bubbly Bleach Gel Toilet Bowl Disinfectant
- Lysol Brand Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach
USA Family Moving is an essential business and therefore exempt form the Minnesota “Stay at Home” order. Our Minneapolis residential movers are ready to help you relocate to your new home! Our moving crews, office staff, and warehouse team are following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) safety and sanitation guidelines to ensure the safety of our customers. Contact us or call 612.286.0400 to book your next move!
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Cleaning and Disinfection for Households
- S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) – List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2
USA Family Moving, a veteran-owned moving company, has been providing exceptional relocation services in Minnesota & Georgia for over 20 years! Our mission at USA Family Moving & Storage is to provide affordable moving, packing, and storage solutions that exceed customer expectations. If you are looking for a quality moving and storage company with competitive rates, contact our national movers.